Test English Class
Read the story and answer the Questions (6 marks)
Baseball Queensland is the governing body of baseball within Queensland. Baseball Queensland is governed by the Australian Baseball Federation. It is located in Milton, Queensland and run by chief executive officer Col Dick.
It is also the governing bodies that pick the Queensland Rams team that competes in the Claxton Shield. It also picks U14, U16 and U18 state teams and Greater Brisbane League All-Star teams, the largest competition in Queensland. It runs all regional bodies in Queensland and the far north coast of New South Wales and also controls the Queensland Umpires, Scorers and Coaches associations.
1. What is the name of the Baseball Governing body in Queensland?
2. Where is it located?
3. What is the governing body called?
4. Who selects the U14, U16 and U18 State teams?
5. What locations are covered?
Vocabulary… (5 Marks)
From the reading above find the word that means the same as the following
1. In, inside, inner part, included in ——
2. To find, identify ——
3. To strive, outdo, contest, doing one’s best, to try to win ——-
4. Area, district, part of a country ——
5. Person selected to rule on plays in a game ——
Fill the Gaps..Cloze…..(10 Marks)
Baseball is a sport played by ———— teams. Each team has ———— players. In baseball, one team ————— a small round ball called a baseball and the other team tries to ———— it with a club called a bat.
Teams score points by running and touching markers on the ground called —————- until they reach the last one, called —————- —————-. Baseball started in the ———————— —————– in the 1700s and —————, but historians are not sure who invented it.
Many people in North America, South America, and East Asia play baseball. In the United States, baseball is called the national pastime, because so many ————– in the United States spend a lot of time playing or watching baseball ———————.
Answer the Questions in a good sentence.
Each sentence is worth 2 marks. Do not answer in one word, write a sentence….(10 marks)
1. When did you start playing baseball?
2. What position do you play?
3. What do you like about baseball?
4. What team and region do you play for?
5. What was a highlight in your baseball game?
Write a Story about Baseball. (20 marks)
Each sentence that you write is worth 1 mark.
If you write 10 sentences you will get 10 marks….If you write 20 sentences, you will get 20 marks.
Use any of the information I have given you in class and your training, and the games you play and have yet to play….start by writing all the words you can think of about baseball. Then use the words in sentences to write the story.
You have plenty of time to think about what you are writing…so write it well